Position: Network Consultant
Location: Fort Wayne or Indianapolis, IN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A Network Consultant will be responsible for implementing and supporting Network Infrastructure projects for Zenetra’s customers. They can repeatedly demonstrate the ability to implement successful projects while assuring customer satisfaction.
The main responsibility of a Network Consultant is to implement network infrastructure projects for clients in various industries using:
• Utilize both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve the business needs of our clients.
• Assist with the creation of scope of work documents based-on customer requirements..
• Work independently or in teams to complete project tasks.
• Create documentation for completed projects.
• Provide turn-over training to client operational staff.
• Provide operational support as needed to assist clients with on-going routine tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel is expected ~40-50%
A successful applicant for the Network Consultant position should possess the following skills:
• 3+ years direct experience with IP networking required
• Current Cisco CCNA certification required
• Current Cisco CCNP certification highly desired
• Juniper JNCIA/JNCIS certification desired
• Strong hands-on skills and experience with core network infrastructure devices required: e.g. IP routers, LAN switches, wireless access points, firewalls, etc.
• Hands-on experience with protocol analysis tools – e.g. Network General Sniffer, Network Instruments Observer, Wireshark, etc.
• Working knowledge of Quality of Service/Class of Service techniques and configurations.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, identify root cause and develop proper resolution or work-around solutions and work with vendors on long-term fixes.
• Candidates must possess very strong verbal and written skills
In addition to the specific networking skills identified above, the individual must have advanced working knowledge of Windows-based computers, including the ability to expertly navigate Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence and be able to speak intelligently and articulately with customers and co-workers.
Position requires a high amount of energy, motivation and self-initiation. Applicant must be extremely detail oriented. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as possess multi-tasking skills. Must be a quick learner and have the ability to adapt to new technologies. Travel can be expected for client meetings, projects, trade shows, etc.; overnight travel can be expected with this position from time to time but is expected to be less than 20% on an annualized basis.
Position requires the individual to work in multiple environments – e.g. offices, wiring closets, data centers, outdoor environment, etc. Applicant must be able to stand on a ladder and raise their arms above their heads to work on items suspended from ceiling tiles (e.g. installation of wireless access points). Applicant must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop and crawl and work in cramped spaces (e.g. working in wiring closets or data centers). Applicant must be able to lift more than 25 pounds during the course of their work. Applicant should be able to differentiate colors and have visual acuity of 20/20 with or without corrective lenses.
To apply: submit cover letter, resume,
and three references to email@example.com.