Position: Network Technician
Location: Fort Wayne or Indianapolis, IN
Full/Part Time: Full Time - Salary
A Network Technician will be responsible for implementing and supporting Network Infrastructure projects for Zenetra’s customers. They can repeatedly demonstrate the ability to implement successful projects while assuring customer satisfaction.
The main responsibility of a Network Technician is to implement network infrastructure projects for clients in various industries using:
• Working under the guidance of Network Consultants / Senior Network Consultants, perform routine networking tasks in the support of Zenetra’s customers.
• Work independently or in teams to complete project tasks.
• Utilize both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve the business needs of our clients.
• Create documentation for completed projects.
• Provide turn-over training to client operational staff.
• Provide operational support as needed to assist clients with on-going routine tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel is expected ~40-50%
A successful applicant for the Network Technician position should possess the following skills:
• 1+ years direct experience with IP networking desired
• Current Cisco CCNA certification desired
• Juniper JNCIA certification desired
• Candidates must possess very strong verbal and written skills
In addition to the specific networking skills identified above, the individual must have advanced working knowledge of Windows-based computers, including the ability to expertly navigate Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence and be able to speak intelligently and articulately with customers and co-workers.
Position requires a high amount of energy, motivation and self-initiation. Applicant must be extremely detail oriented. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as possess multi-tasking and negotiation skills. Must be a quick learner and have the ability to consult and partner with the customer. Travel can be expected for client meetings and trade shows, etc.; extensive overnight travel is not expected with this position.
Position requires the individual to work in multiple environments – e.g. offices, wiring closets, data centers, outdoor environment, etc. Applicant must be able to stand on a ladder and raise their arms above their heads to work on items suspended from ceiling tiles (e.g. installation of wireless access points). Applicant must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop and crawl and work in cramped spaces (e.g. working in wiring closets or data centers). Applicant must be able to lift more than 25 pounds during the course of their work. Applicant should be able to differentiate colors and have visual acuity of 20/20 with or without corrective lenses.
To apply: submit cover letter, resume,
and three references to email@example.com.